Our short-term trips provide an experience that is truly unforgettable. By giving of their time and resources, volunteers gain new perspectives and experience biblical truths which profoundly impact the rest of their lives. Participants not only build lasting relationships and have a blast working together, but also engage in tremendously rewarding work. To cap it all off, our final day is spent enjoying local recreation, such as big game fishing, snorkeling, crocodile tours, zip lines, exploring rainforests or volcanos, horseback riding, and more!
- Our trips are family-oriented, suitable for men, women and mature children. Accommodations are typically comfortable and participants are able to work at their own pace.
- Time is primarily spent participating alongside our field partners and the local church in service and humanitarian projects. The final day of the trip is typically reserved for some form of local recreation, helping the team debrief while deepening relationships.
- Trips are offered throughout the year, typically consisting of 6-20 travelers and lasting between 5-8 days. The length of trips, schedule, and projects vary depending on the needs of our host and the desires of those traveling.
- The all-inclusive cost generally runs around $1,000 per person plus flight, and includes all materials, food, lodging and ground transportation. Exact cost will vary depending on destination, length of stay, number of travelers, etc.
- Fundraisers are encouraged to help with the cost of travel. Trip expenses are tax-deductible (other than general purchases, souvenirs, and recreational activities). Please consult your tax advisor for details.
- Volunteer teams gain a strong sense of purpose and accomplishment. In addition, the projects take on profound meaning as our trip leaders highlight a series of biblical life application principles which greatly improve perspective and strengthen the participant’s commitment to their personal goals and life purpose.
- Our trip leaders coordinate with local field partners who are already involved with highly successful projects within the target area. These organizations are familiar with hosting visitors and work closely with our leaders to ensure the safety and comfort of each participant.
- Too expensive? We now have a scholarship program available to provide assistance in covering travel costs. Contact us for details.
- RLI will coordinate travel, accommodations, and all activities, providing each traveler with a detailed itinerary and information packet prior to travel. This information will include estimated cost, packing list, and contact information. Trips are typically scheduled 3-6 months out, so there is plenty of time to plan and prepare for an incredible adventure!
- Families with children are not only welcomed, but encouraged to join us. It is recommended that children be at least 10 years of age and have the maturity necessary to contribute to the team's selected projects.
So come along…